Return to PSG Models documentation page
PENSIM output file .AGE
--- .AGE file contains personal information by age for each cohort
The PENSIM runNNNNN.age file has no heading lines and no summary lines.
The file contains individual-specific information about each individual
who is a cohort sample member. In addition, there is age-specific
information beginning at age equal to OUTPUT.age_minage and ending at
age equal to OUTPUT.age_maxage for each age the individual is a living
resident. Individual records, therefore, may contain different numbers
FORMAT OF INDIVIDUAL MULTIPLE-ROW RECORD:
The statistics on each line are separated by the tab character.
The logical structure of an individual record is as follows:
IND LINE: [there is an ind line for each cohort sample member]
(1) "I" (without the quotes)
(2) scenario: scenario number
(3) individual id: individual number (starts at 1 for each scenario)
(4) individual gender: 0 ==> male, 1 ==> female
(5) individual education: individual's highest educational attainment
0 ==> no high school (died before entering school)
1 ==> high school dropout 2 ==> high school graduate
3 ==> attended some college 4 ==> four-year college degree or
(6) f__age: individual's age on first age line (see age line info below)
(7) l__age: individual's age on last age line (see age line info below)
NOTE: f__age greater than l__age implies no age lines for individual
AGE LINE: [there is an age line for each age indicated on ind line]
[age lines for individual are arranged by ascending age]
[age line present only for years individual is a living resident]
(1) percentage fraction of the year individual has full-time job
(2) percentage fraction of the year individual has part-time job
NOTE: 100-(1)-(2) is fraction of the year individual is not employed.
(3) individual's current marital status expressed as one-digit code:
0 ==> never married (marriage defined as lasting at least 0.5 year)
1 ==> currently married
2 ==> divorced from most recent marriage
3 ==> widowed from most recent marriage
NOTE: the longest lasting marital status during the year is reported.
(4) individual reduces work effort (full-time to part-time,
full-time to not-employed, or part-time to not-employed) from
start to end of the six month period centered on a child-birth or
child-adoption event: 0 ==> no; 1 ==> yes
NOTE: value of 1 is recorded for age of child-birth/adoption event.
NOTE: adoptions of children who are more than five years old are ignored.